Thursday, July 17, 2014

About Me

So it's here.  Finally.  For years I've wanted to have a blog like this.  But my family always talked me out of it.  It doesn't do to talk about what's REALLY going on in the world.  Toe the line.  Keep your head down, don't make any waves.  And for years I went along with it.  But every day when I watch the news I come away thinking, are we awake yet??  Does no one see what is going on? Or do they see, but are like me, afraid to rock the boat?  I have a family, kids, friends, loved ones.  I want them to leave them a better world.  And as Edmund Burke said, "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."  Well, I for one refuse to go on doing nothing.  


It is said that an informed, educated,  society is the single most important factor in determining the stability and success of a nation.  With that in mind, I think it is high time that we become informed.  Unfortunately we have been led to believe that we ARE informed.  CNN, CNBC, Fox News Channel, they inform us 24/7!  But unfortunately, much of it is biased and unreliable. So everyday I 'll be posting on a major news even.  And every Mon-Thursday at 8pm Eastern Standard Time I'll be hosting a google plus hangout where we can talk about the day's events, and what we were able to dig up from more reliable, alternative news sources.  The truth IS out there, and together we can uncover it, and talk about it.  That way we can inform the world around us.  I hope you'll join me!!  It won't be the same without you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment